Saturday, October 29, 2011

$$$ Lesson


Dear Mom,

I know you were worried about me before you passed on and I assured you that I would be fine. It took me a little while, but I am learning. I know you worried about me and money and you were right to worry. I am not good with money. I’ve always stayed afloat but I have never had any kind of nest egg or even an RSP that I don’t take from when it gets big enough, so that I can get myself out of a little trouble here and there.

But like I said, I am learning. I’ve learned an awful lot about myself lately and I will write to you about that but I know you would rather hear about this lesson first.

I have made myself a budget. Right now I am behind so I am not able to get myself in step quite yet, but it is coming. I have had a bit of a wake-up call. My poor kitty has feline acne and I can’t even afford to take her to the vet to get it looked at. I am taking care of it though, and it is not life threatening, but I feel all kinds of terrible about this. You know how much I love my pets and you’ve spend thousands of dollars on Johnny and Brandy when they were sick. Thank Goddess, Beans just has a simple affliction, unlike poor John and Brandy, but still. I would do anything for my girl yet I can’t take her to the vet until next pay day. I hate this. It is my fault though and I will get myself out of it. I always have.

So my lesson is that I need to look at every penny I spend. I have made a budget, I have listed all my bills plus my usual expenses but it isn’t enough. I make pretty good money and I should have more but I obviously don’t look at what I am spending very closely because all of a sudden I don’t have much left and I haven’t gotten to the grocery store yet! I hate this! It is time to buckle down and grow up.

I know you would help me any way you could if you were here and I appreciate that but since you and Dad have always bailed me out, I have never learned. So this time, I have to do it on my own so I can’t and won’t ask Dad.

It will take me some time but I promise you, I will do it, and I will let you know what my progress is.

I love and miss you every second of every day.

Love, Shelley-Ann. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment