Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dear Mom,

I made butter!!! I actually made it! It was pretty exciting. I didn't know you could do that until my friend from work told me. So we looked it up online and the following weekend I did it! I was so proud of myself. 

I also learned how to bake bread! It's only Irish Soda Bread without yeast but I am still good at it. I am freaked out to make bread that calls for yeast but I bought a jar of dry yeast yesterday. I have been thinking about trying it out but it will probably take me a few days to work myself up to it but I am sure I'll figure it out.

I've been baking other things too and have decided to try to make my own pastry dough. I know it is easier to buy it but I want to be more sustainable on my own rather than going out to buy things at the store. If I can make it at home, I want to try that before I go to the store. Saving money and getting back to old ways is something I want to try out. Being self sustained might be a good way to go in this day and age.

I remember all those jam pies you made for me. You always made things special for me when I didn't like something. You always made me your jam pie so I had dessert on Thanksgiving and Christmas. When you made potato salad you made a bowl for me without eggs. You were always thinking of me and I will never forget that. Thank you , Mom.

I love and miss you very much.

Love, Shelley xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment